Tuesday, June 29, 2010

COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET

I have a confession to make...


I <3 Kris Aquino. And I've loved her forever. Since 1985 to be exact. Insert all unsolicited comments here (judgemental or not). I figured, in commemoration of soon to be Pres. Noynoy's inauguration, this is the best time to, sort of, come out of the closet. Some people know that I'm a big fan of Kris but it's not something I would divulge at all. Depending on the company I'm keeping. Sometimes I wouldn't even say anything to a fellow Kris fan.

I've liked her for as long as I can remember and I grew up with her "around" (meaning, in TV). My earliest memory relating to her is we used to live in West Triangle and Times St is just a 3 minute walk away and I used to walk over to then Pres. Cory Aquino's house hoping I'll get a glimpse of her. Which, btw, I never did...EVER :)

Recent events brought a lot of hateful comments everywhere and reading those hateful comments "hurts" me. Specifically, comments about her arms when she wore sleeveless during the proclamation. Who cares about her "brazo de mercedes"? I mean really??? No wonder palubog na buong bansa (the entire country is going under). If you have mentality like that the country has nowhere to go but down. What's the bigger picture here... she's giving up a lot, giving away a lot and she's keeping quiet. Her brother's elected by the majority so live with it and make the most out of it. Moving forward is not Pres. Noynoy's sole responsibility, it is the responsibility every single Filipino living locally and abroad.

I ask you, in talking smack about somebody, have you given out a single ounce of good vibe? did talking smack help someone smile? No? So stop!

This does not grow old.... If you've got nothing good to say, STFU...

Thank you for letting me vent...

No comments:

Post a Comment